Walnut-Crusted Halibut with Balsamic Drizzle
This was enough for 2-3 filets.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup almond flour (any nut flour will
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp each of sea salt & black
pepper (give or take)
egg, stir all ingredients together. Save the egg for later.
- 1 TBS Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- sea salt to taste
ingredients together and set aside.
- Add 1 heaping TBS coconut oil to frying pan and melt over medium heat.
- Lightly sprinkle fish with sea salt on both sides.
- Whisk the egg with a fork until smooth and dip the filets just enough so the crust will “stick”.
- Immediately lay the fish in the walnut mixture with light pressure & flip to the other side to coat well.
- Place in oil and cook over med/high heat for approximately 4 minutes each side.
- Allow to drain on paper towel, then drizzle with Balsamic mixture once plated.
Another GREAT recipe from Dr./Chef Shawn